The Parents & Friends Association was formed in 1989 to raise funds to provide educational resources for the school. The Parent Association is the structure through which parents/guardians in a school can work together for the best possible education for their children. The Parent Association works with the principal, staff effective partnership of home and school.
The annual general meeting of Parents & Friends Association is held in September each year and addressed by the Principal. Meetings are held as necessary during the year. All parents are welcome to attend. Parents are consulted at Parent Association meetings on school matters that are relevant and appropriate. Parent Association provides supplementary funding for school resources and equipment.
If you would like to receive text messages regarding events and meeting please inform a member of the committee.
1. To enable parents to play a meaningful role in supporting the aims & objectives of the school.
2. To ensure the parents are meaningfully consulted in the development of relevant school policies.
3. To ensure that parents, Board of Management, Principal & staff work together to ensure the smooth operation of the school by adhering to agreed policies and procedures.
4. To enable parents to contribute to an enhanced learning environment for pupils.
5. To ensure that the work of the whole school community is at all times focused on the collective needs of all the children in the school.
6. To identify and make available the skills and talents of individual parents that may be valuable to the school.
Please keep an eye on Facebook for current events and fundraisers.
The 2018/2019 PA Committee members are as follows:
Chairperson: Rose Griffin
Treasurer: Melissa McCoy
Secretary: Mary Clifford